Notifications
Clear all

PSP 2001 for PSPi? and general help.

7 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@ryantreadaway11)
Topic starter  

I purchased a second hand PSP 2001 Darth Vader edition to use for a PSPi. I didn't realize that the 2001 was the "slim" model. Will I be able to fit everything in there? Also, if I'm honest, I really have no clue where to start on your site to learn how to build one of these things. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

So as far as the 2000 series, I plan to do that and the 3000 series next. There will be some changes to the designs because the connectors are different. If you're not sure where to start, jumping into the 2k series before I start posting guides might be a bit much. I recommend sticking with a 1k for now or just wait a few months for me to attempt the 2k and 3k. 

If you decide to try a 1k series, I'm putting a new PSPi Version 2.1 guide together using all custom boards that will show the whole assembly process(possibly using video instead of photo). That guide will get started in a week or two. 

ReplyQuote
(@ryantreadaway11)
Topic starter  

I would stick with the 1000 series but I already purchased the 2001. I think the biggest learning curve, for me personally, is learning each of the components. If I had a description and circuit diagram for each component, I would probably be fine. 

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

Try searching the components in google. The datasheets give a lot of great information on how the components function. I'm also happy to answer any specific questions you have.

ReplyQuote
(@djmulder)

But would the v3 board fit and work tho? Other than the connectors being different is there any other issue?

I just found a psp on the internet for "free" (had to drive there, but yeh company car 😛 ) and it appears to be a 2000. So I'm kinda doubting to either go on a hunt for a 1000 or just put in effort in the 2000? (I already pre-ordered the v3 board)

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

Posted by: djmulder

But would the v3 board fit and work tho? Other than the connectors being different is there any other issue?

I just found a psp on the internet for "free" (had to drive there, but yeh company car 😛 ) and it appears to be a 2000. So I'm kinda doubting to either go on a hunt for a 1000 or just put in effort in the 2000? (I already pre-ordered the v3 board)

It won't fit. The 2000 has a completely different design. Once I get a stable flow of the v3 boards going out, the next focus is the 2000 and 3000 series.

ReplyQuote
(@djmulder)

ah shame.. oh well *goes for a search for a 1000 series* 😛 

ReplyQuote