Clear all

Config of pspi 1000.3 buttons, works in emustation but not in games

13 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@spanarnz)
Topic starter  

Hi

I assembled my pi kit today and got it up and running - followed the guide and everything. However when I've configurated the buttons and d-pad in emustation, it doesn't work in the games. 

For example. When I push B, A and B are pushed at the same time in game. And A is right for some reason..?

Do I have to set up retroarch or something?

thanks!

(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

Are all the controls working when you're in the game list, before you actually load a game? If everything worked during the button configuration and they work in the game list, then it's a configuration issue.

I'm a little confused though. This shouldn't happen if you used the config files I posted. Did you make any changes to the configs or did you add your own software for controls?

ReplyQuote
(@spanarnz)
Topic starter  

Thank you for your reply!

Yeah, that's just the thing - it works fine in game list but gets wonky when I try to play a game. And I haven't done any changes...

I'm thinking of re-flashing the sd card and reloading the config files again. What do you reckon?

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

You could try re-running the button configuration first. It's possible that a button was hit at the wrong time. Try these buttons during the config.

Reloading everything is a good next step, just to get a fresh start. 

ReplyQuote
(@spanarnz)
Topic starter  

Oh happy day!

After re-flashing the sd card everything works like a charm 😀

Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@jeep5)

1. Help just finished my version 3 build and everything working fine but I can't configure the psp d pad or the buttons. I know the buttons all worked before I broke down the psp for this build. Any suggestions to try. Thanks. 

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

Did you copy over the files and run the installer?

ReplyQuote
(@jeep5)

Yes I did unless something got installed wrong. I was going to try and re due it 

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

That's probably the best thing to try. There's not much that can cause none of the controls to work other than the software not starting on bootup. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeep5)

Got everything working except the up and left directions. What pins are those associated with on the pi. 

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

That will happen if the joystick isn't wired up, or if it is wired backwards.

ReplyQuote
(@jeep5)

Thanks that was it one wire came unsoldered. Is there a was to adjust the volume louder or is it just one volume. Also can you still use the save states in the games I can change save slots but can't seam to get a game to save. Thanks a lot. 

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

Make sure it's set to 100% by hitting start and increasing it. You can also adjust it more by doing this:

http://othermod.com/volume-control-in-retropie-games/

You can also modify the board for more volume if that still isn't enough, but I don't exactly recommend it.

Everything in RetroPie should function as normal...save states, regular saves, etc. I won't be able to help too much with getting that set up because I haven't had much time to tinker with it myself. I'd recommend the RetroPie forum for that.

ReplyQuote