Notifications
Clear all

PSP 2001 vs. 1001 questions.

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@tdragovich)
Topic starter  

I have been keeping up with the project for months now and love what you have done.

I know you have said you would like to use a 2000 or 2001 in your next project, but that is what i have to work with so i am making do. 

A couple of questions and if you do not know i will figure it out.

1. The 2001 has a small pcb where the power button is attached which connects via the ribbon cable from the fpc. Besides the switch, what is the purpose of the pcb.

2. The 200x has a molded plastic devider between lcd and umd drive. I am thinking about leaving it with a little bit of modification. Did you have to widen that space at all?

3. How much heat is generated by the audio amp?

I will attach pics as i go along in hopes it will help others.

Thanks in advance. 

(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

I can't answer most of these questions yet. It will be some time before I disassemble a 2000 model to start the process.

I can answer the amp question. Mine generates almost no heat at all, and stays pretty much at ambient temperature.

ReplyQuote
(@tdragovich)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the reply as that was my primary concern. I have mounted the audio amp directly under the micro sd-card adapter and to much heat could cause problems. I will attach some pics tomorrow.

ReplyQuote
(@tdragovich)
Topic starter  

Sorry it has taken me a couple of days to get back on here. I have a couple of pics and a pdf file that may interest those looking into the 2000 series. Not sure if I can post the pdf here or not but I have obtained the service manual for said series.

The biggest differences are: 1.) Solid plastic interior plate as shown in this picture; 2.) FPC cable for right side is only 14 wire runs and four of those are ground; 3.) Headphone jack has video out available but doubt it will be used anytime soon for the PSPi; 4.) left side has a total of 3 "boards" Joystick, Headphones/video, and analog stick. 5.) The motherboard has the memory stick duo socket built in.

Sorry image is a bit blurry.

ReplyQuote
(@tdragovich)
Topic starter  

This image displays the power button board I was discussing earlier. The connector on the bottom left provide the following back to the motherboard via the 14 fpc:  /key_power, /key_hold, /power_led, /charge_led, VCC_LED, and ground.

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

Most of the layout looks pretty similar to the 1000. Connector locations are similar, and yea I see that the number of pins is different. 

I mounted my audio amp on top of the SD card adapter too. No problems with it at all. The speakers in the PSP just don't pull enough power to heat up the amp.

ReplyQuote