Clear all

Black screen pspi v1000.3

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@spanarnz)
Topic starter  

Hi

Assembled the kit today and when I powered it on, the screen was black. I've been extremely meticulous and followed your guide to the letter - but the screen is still black.

Sorry if this is a noob question but I noticed I slight difference between one picture in the guide and my raspberry pi. The solder point for the lcd is different - the tv label is on the other side... is this where I've gone wrong? (see attached files)

Or do you have any other ideas?

Thanks!

(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

I see you posted another question about the controls after posting this. Were you able to resolve the black screen issue? If so, I'm just curious what issue you had and how you resolved it so I can use it to make the guide better.

ReplyQuote
(@spanarnz)
Topic starter  

Thank you for your reply!

I did resolve it and it comes down to my poor soldering skills I reckon... When I put the sd card directly on the pie, it booted just fine. So there's nothing wrong with the guide 🙂

ReplyQuote
(@othermod)
Reputable Member Admin

I'll still probably update it with the recommendation that people test with the microSD inserted directly into the Pi before soldering the adapter up. You're not the only person to have difficulty with that part.

ReplyQuote