Forum

Raspberry Pi Zero W  

RSS

trickluvdakid
February 28, 2017 12:11 pm  

New product! Raspberry Pi Zero W joins the family

Haven't seen the specs, but thinking many people would be pissed if they changed the pin layout.

Which leads me to believe....we can build our PSP's with Bluetooth and WiFi!!

ReplyQuote
st0n3y19
February 28, 2017 4:37 pm  

Everything is the same, just adds wifi and bluetooth.

ReplyQuote
othermod
Reputable Member Admin
February 28, 2017 4:40 pm  

I've done some comparisons. My concern was the microSD connection pads, and it looks like the pad locations are the same.

ReplyQuote
Assomnia
Eminent Member
February 28, 2017 5:19 pm  

Nice to see that I won't have any problem with the wifi when I will start my PSPi 😉
Awesome news !

--- AssoMania ---

ReplyQuote
djmulder
February 28, 2017 6:55 pm  
Posted by: othermod

I've done some comparisons. My concern was the microSD connection pads, and it looks like the pad locations are the same.

Hmm would be nice to have confirmation of it actually working.. I think nothing changed.. but yeh before putting in effort to order a W I'd love to have 100% security

Edited: 9 months  ago

ReplyQuote
othermod
Reputable Member Admin
February 28, 2017 6:58 pm  
Posted by: djmulder

Hmm would be nice to have confirmation of it actually working.. I think nothing changed.. but yeh before putting in effort to order a W I'd love to have 100% security

We will know in a few days. I've got orders coming from Canada and the UK. Unfortunately none of the US distributors have them in stock yet.

ReplyQuote
djmulder
February 28, 2017 7:06 pm  

Good to hear. .. same problem here tho... holland never get's stock it seems.. I already had to get my pizero from the UK 

ReplyQuote
sonicmule
March 1, 2017 7:17 pm  

Should be getting mine tomorrow so will take a look. Looking at photos, it would appear that the cpu has moved over a bit to accommodate the wifi chip. 

ReplyQuote
sonicmule
March 1, 2017 7:23 pm  

ReplyQuote
othermod
Reputable Member Admin
March 2, 2017 1:47 am  
Posted by: sonicmule

She's a beauty.

I'm still waiting for mine to arrive, but it appears that all the pads are in the same place. They aren't labeled now, so that could make a few guides a little harder to follow.

Edited: 9 months  ago

ReplyQuote
othermod
Reputable Member Admin
March 2, 2017 12:44 pm  

https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/8556/raspberry-pi-zero-w

It appears that the RetroPie images aren't working yet.

ReplyQuote
othermod
Reputable Member Admin
March 7, 2017 2:10 am  

The Pi Zero W is a perfect fit in the Version 3. We've now got Wifi and Bluetooth in the PSPi.

ReplyQuote
speck
March 8, 2017 12:52 am  

The Pi Zero W is a perfect fit in the Version 3. We've now got Wifi and Bluetooth in the PSPi.

Thats great news. Are you saying that if RetroPie adds support to Pi W, there wont be anything different you'll have to do when configuring PSPi v3?

ReplyQuote
othermod
Reputable Member Admin
March 8, 2017 1:00 am  
Posted by: speck

Thats great news. Are you saying that if RetroPie adds support to Pi W, there wont be anything different you'll have to do when configuring PSPi v3?

Yes. You won't have to do anything special. Also, they've already got a build made that works with the Zero W, so we are good to go now with RetroPie.

ReplyQuote

Working

Please Login or Register